Friday, March 27, 2009

At peace

We are going away for a few days to enjoy some free time, the sun, the beach and everything in between.

I can´t really explain how well I feel. I am incredibly grateful for this peace that settled in my mind and in my heart. I guess I got to the point to really understand there are, and will be, many things that I can´t control and I am OK with it.

I let go.

Don´t get me wrong, I haven´t given up, I still want a sibling to my daughter but I have found extreme peace in realizing I am not in control. There are many ways to get there. At this point I am not sure which is the one. I don´t know if my ovaries will cooperate enough and even if they do, it is not a guarantee that we will be able to conceive again, but then there is the do.nor. egg rou.te, or a.dop.tion…. Both of them are truly expensive options, but we will see once we get there. I have come to terms with the fact that there is a possibility that I will not be biologically related to our future child, or children….. and I am completely at peace with it.

And if for some reason, neither option turn out for us, I am sure I will be fine too.

I will be forever grateful for what I have, for as long as I have it.

1 comment:

AwkwardMoments said...

peace if a great feeling. Have a good time on your holiday