Wednesday, February 20, 2008

HAPPY BELATED VALENTINE'S!!!

I didn't have a chance to post last week, but I hope you all had a great Valentine's day!!!

The T attends a trade show mid February of every year, so we are never together to celebrate... But hey, this year I was fortunate enough to have my little girl with me, what else can I have asked for???

Nothing....

Really.....

I had the 2nd part of the genetic u/s last Monday and it was great. The baby cooperated a lot and we had a lot of great views.

The most important thing is that everything seems to be going right on track. The baby weight and measured average or slightly above average on all the things they look into, which are a lot, so we are very happy about it.

So far, I have only gained about 10 pounds, which did seem below the low end to me. I was concerned about it but the dr. assured us that if I am eating well, the baby is growing and developing as she should, and my blood work shows everything is OK, there is no reason to be concerned about weight gain.

I have another follow-up appointment with the endocrinologist today to check up my thyroid levels. Hopefully the results will come back OK and I won’t need to increase the meds dose.

Last Monday at our appointment, when the doctor was performing the u/s, I asked him if the baby was still a girl…. He laughed at me and asked back if I didn’t believe him last time…. I replied that I did but I wanted to be sure to start doing all the shopping!!!… He was surprised that we haven’t started yet!!!… But yes, it is true and I know it sounds odd.

As strange as it may sound, I am not a shopping girl. I grew up in a very modest family and the income wasn’t extraordinary, actually it was on the low side. There was no excess at all. It was kind of hard when I was a kid, but then Thank God, as the time passed and I grew up I understood that true confidence building didn’t rely on what you have as much as on what you do and are as a person. Now things are way much better financially, both the T and I work very hard and are lucky enough to have great jobs with good salaries, but that hasn’t changed our mind regarding our expense style. We are savers and so far that life style has worked out great and it has given us the opportunity to invest, which is great.
Regarding the baby stuff, I know there are things we do need to get, but hey, being realistic the actual needs for the first few months aren’t that many. So we will get the basics, and as the time goes on we will see how it goes.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

AwkwardMoments said...

Yah all is going so well and congrats on all the thumbs up news! Happy shopping