Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back to reality...

As of today I am back to work….

Honestly, I didn’t know what to do…. My first thoughts were that if we could afford it, I should stay at home, but then there is this other side of me telling that there is nothing wrong to keep working, at least part time to keep “connected” some how with the work environment…

My father died when I was four and my mom was a SAHM up until he died. It was very difficult for her to get a job so she could provide for my brother and me. There was always food on our table, and clothes to wear, but things were difficult, on the economic part. I believe it has had an impact on me and, there is always this memory coming back and that is why I want to keep working. I guess it gives me some kind of “security” to know that I am able to earn my own salary and provide for our daughter if I need to.

…It was difficult to leave her in the morning, I hope it will get easier.
Let’s see how this works out!

2 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

sending you warm thoughts .. i am dreading this day for myself

Tina said...

I had the same feelings you did about returning to work. I think I made up my mind not to return but actually quitting is taking a lot more. Good for you for going back :).