Friday, March 28, 2008

Still Here!

I’ve been MIA for a while....

Lot’s of things going on around this corner of the planet!

The city where I live is totally surrounded by mountains, so when we get hurricanes usually they do debilitate a lot because of the mountains and what we experience is just something like a thunderstorm. Well, last Tuesday several factors got together at the same time and we got what was rated like a category 3 hurricane winds. The city is not prepared for it and as you can imagine it was chaotic.

Thankfully our house didn’t have any damage, but 2 of the stores did have broken windows and damage on the front. Everything is getting fixed but it was really scary. The T was still out of town and he was very concerned about it because apparently we were on the news everywhere and by coincidence he did manage to see part of the damage in one of the stores in a picture posted online in one of our local newspapers. He called me, I was at home at that time with my MIL as my FIL instructed us to stay there and don’t go anywhere because the streets were not safe, there were flying objects all over.

Then, this past Sunday, Easter Sunday, my OB/GYN and his wife lost one of their daughters. She was a 12-year-old twin who had Down syndrome with congenital heart failure. She was a fighter and changed the life of many people touching hearts. May she RIP and gave strength to her family to keep on working for families experiencing Down syndrome closely, as they have been doing. Their job in this manner is really remarkable.



I did manage to keep an eye on you blogs and I must say that my heart is broken for Kathy Kand her family. Kathy, you are an outstanding woman, I really admire you!




Have a great weekend!




P.S. I've just realized that my format buttons are back!!!... I will try to post pics from the 4d u/s.




No comments: